Thursday, December 15, 2011

Om Nom Nom! Sweet Treat!

Today I will share my favorite Apple Pie recipe. Its a combination of  2 recipes to make the best dessert, perfect for the holidays or to treat your self. Its super easy, the hardest part is waiting. And peeling the apples- unless you have a fancy apple peeler and corer thing, then its waiting.
I love this recipe because I don't actually care that much for pie crust. I find most to be dry and bland. I never eat the "bones" or edge of the crust unless its been soaking in the melted ice cream and I have a big glass of milk standing by. Warning this recipe does contain walnuts-- I guess you could leave them out, but I think you will be missing something.



Applie Sweet Cookie Pie!
1 cup sugar     1 cup flour
1 stick of butter      1 egg
1 cup walnuts  1/2cup of chocolate chips (or to taste)
6-8 apples (or enough to fill your pie pan double layer or apples)



 In a pie pan, put apples on bottom. Sprinkle with cinnamon.


In a large bowl, melt butter until soft. Beat in egg, then add sugar and mix until creamy.


Add flour-should be very thick like cookie dough.
Mix in Walnuts and Chocolate Chips (Some times if I am feeling crazy I will also add Carmel bits) Spoon evenly over apples.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40-60 minutes (depending on oven)


 Let cool and serve! Funny you have to let cool- and then I like to warm it up and serve with a scoop of chocolate chip ice cream!


I hope you enjoy! From my kitchen to yours Happy Holidays!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment