Sunday, January 29, 2012

Fun Find- Nutcracker!

I love to go to GoodWill and wonder around the home and kitchen stuff. There is so much interesting stuff!! I like wondering around consignment shops too- and I have found some great stuff there too, like this great find:

 Found in a shop less than 2 miles away from my house! It was $25- and its more than I would pay in GoodWill, but it was so unique, vintage and I just had to have it! I was in the shop looking for items for my sister's baby shower, we did a Victorian Safari Tea so this piece was perfect.
A few months later I was in the local GoodWill killing some time while my pictures were being processed and I stumbeled on this bad boy:

Oh what strange torture device is this? Well its actually a nut cracker platter!!! I know right?!  I love having a bowl/platter of in shell nuts out at the holidays-- or anytime its just a little harder to find in shell nuts after January for some reason.

You can use it as I have pictured, or the better way is not to put the nuts on the platter- but use it to catch all the shell. Or both as I did for Thanksgiving this past year.  I love this piece not only because its unique and fun, or because it was only $1, but also because my mother has terrible hand pain and weakness at times and its very hard for her to use the standard nut crackers that you squeeze in your hand. I get my love of nuts from her, so now she can enjoy cracking her own nuts! (you can take that as you will)

No comments:

Post a Comment